Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, we specialize in repair and restoring all vehicles back to pre accident condition. We have a direct repair program and a working relationship with all major insurance agencies. We help you through the claims process guaranteeing you get the repairs your car needs to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Yes, we help you decide if paying out of pocket for your repairs is the right decision. Ask about our cost-saving programs so we can get your car repaired quickly and easily while keeping cash in your pocket.
Our expert staff can help you find the option that is best for your needs. Because of rising insurance costs, many customers opt to pay for minor repairs “out of pocket,” For repairs that are handled through insurance claims, our staff has an excellent working relationship with all insurance companies, and we can help you get your repairs handled properly.
Overall painting is generally a better choice for restoring older vehicles whose surface has been tarnished from years of wear resulting in significant depreciation. A complete repaint can help increase the value of these vehicles. Spot painting is a better choice for protecting the resale value of new vehicles. We only paint what is needed to ensure a perfect job with precision color matching and seamless repairs.
Yes. Sichel’s Auto Body takes great pride in our ability to precisely match all custom and factory finishes. Our color-matching experts use state of the art equipment to ensure a perfect color match every time. And we only use the highest quality paints and clear coat as specified by manufacture guidelines, resulting in a factory finish every time.
Yes, you can repaint your car another color, but in most cases, it is best to keep your car the same color. Painting your entire car a new color is a very time consuming task that requires painting the inside of the trunk, doors, hood and more. Because of this you will experience a higher cost to paint your car.
The best way to insure a perfect color match is to have our experts perform a color assessment in our state of the art paint facility. Computer monitors do not display true color so matching colors over the web would be impossible. We are experts in color matching, and we guarantee a perfect color match every time.
Our staff will keep you updated on the progress of your car and a representative will notify you by your preferred method (phone, email, etc.) when your car is ready. The length of your repair will depend on the damage once your vehicle has been assessed. Our general manager will give you an estimated timeframe–generally 3 to 5 days, but we will keep in constant contact with you until the car is ready for pickup.
No…feel free to bring your vehicle over during our operating hours and we will give you a free estimate. Or, if you prefer, call us and schedule a set time for your estimate.
Yes Sichel’s Autobody has a close relationship with a few major rental car companies, and we can arrange a special wholesale price for you.
Yes we offer full towing services, and we can arrange to have your vehicle picked up and dropped off at our shop.
Yes we have a full-time detail crew on staff that will clean and vacuum your car providing a detail so your car looks great when you pick it up.
Yes, the warranty on our paint system (Dupont) is 10 years. All parts are warranty by the dealer’s guidelines. Our workman ship is guaranteed for as long as you own your vehicle.
Accident scenes can be very shocking, especially right after the impact occurs. Try to remain calm and do the following:
- Stop your vehicle. If you drive away, you could be charged with a “hit and run.”
- If you are blocking traffic in a dangerous place, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot.
- Contact the authorities. Try to assess the scene if anyone else is hurt. Otherwise, wait for the ambulance and/or police.
- Turn off your engine and wait for assistance.
- Be courteous to all parties.
- If you suspect the other driver may be drunk, do not confront him or her. Tell the police and let them handle the situation.
- Make sure you are as calm as possible before making any statements or talking to the police.
- Take photos before you leave the scene.
- Exchange insurance information to include their name, address and phone numbers.
- Get the names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Avoid making statements about responsibility to the other driver, witnesses, police or anyone else. Do not state that you are at fault, even if you think you may have caused the accident.
- Contact your insurance company once you are calm and have gathered pertinent information. They will likely interview you on the spot and request photos.
- Acquire a copy of the police report.
- Call Sichel’s Autobody at 707-525-1767 for assistance with towing, insurance claims reporting, rental car assistance and repairs to your vehicle.